The SIP Account manager is used to create, update and delete SIP Accounts. It is also used to view current bindings (registrations) for each SIP Account. There are a number of properties that apply when creating or updating a SIP Account and these are explained below:
- ID: A GUID used by the system to uniquely store each SIP Account.
- Owner: The name of the username that created the SIP Account.
- Username: The SIP username of the account. It needs to be used in your user agent when registering or placing calls.
- Password: The password for the SIP Acocunt. It needs to be used in your user agent when registering or placing calls.
- Domain: The domain the SIP account was created in. Unless you have had a personal domain added then it will be sipsorcery.com. It needs to be set in your user agent as the domain/realm when registering or placing calls.
- Out Dial Plan: The name of the dial plan that will process outgoing calls for the SIP account.
- In Dial Plan: The name of the dial plan that will process incoming calls for the SIP account. If empty then incoming calls will instead be forward to all current bindings for the SIP account.
- Keep Alives: If checked then NAT keep alive packets will be sent every 15 seconds to each user agent registered with the SIP account. Sending NAT keep-alives can help keep a connection to your user agent open and make incoming calls more reliable.
- Network Id: An optional arbitrary setting that can be used to identify two or more SIP accounts as being on the same local network. Where two SIP accounts have the same Network Id the server will not mangle their SDP and will usually mean RTP can successfully be set up between two private IP addresses.
- Account Type:
- Standard: For normal SIP accounts used for incoming and outgoing calls.
- Incoming Only: Outgoing calls from this account will be denied. This type of SIP account is often referred to as an extension.
- Disabled: Incoming and outgoing calls from this account will be denied.
- Admin Disabled: If checked it means an administrator has blocked the account.