The SIP Provider Manager is used to create, update and delete SIP Providers and any bindings (registrations) for them. It is also used to view
SIP Provider current bindings. There are a number of properties that apply when creating or updating a SIP Provider and these are explained below:
- Provider Name: The descriptive name used to identify the SIP Provider and that is used by the dialplan when placing
calls with this SIP Provider.
- Username: The username for the SIP Provider, it will be used when responding to authentication challenges for calls and registrations.
- Password: The password for the SIP Provider, it will be used when responding to authentication challenges for calls and registrations.
- Server: The hostname or IP address for the SIP Provider. Call and register requests will be sent to this server.
- Register: If checked then a SIP Provider binding entry will be created and an attempt will be made to register with the SIP Provider.
The status of the binding attempt will be shown in the SIP Provider Registrations table.
- Register Contact: If the Register box is checked a SIP URI must be specified for the Register Contact. The SIP URI will be sent to the
SIP Provider and informs it where incoming calls should be forwarded to. If it is desired that incoming calls for the Provider should be
forwarded to the SIP Sorcery server then the Register Contact should be set as: email@example.com where username is the SIP Account username
that will receive the call.
Advanced Settings are additional settings that are not normally required but that can be used to refine the SIP Provider interaction.
- Realm: If set overrides the SIP Provider Server setting when responding to authentication challenges.
- Auth Username: If set overrides the SIP Provider Username setting when responding to authentication challenges.
- From Header: If set overrides the default header From header used for new calls to the SIP Provider. The default From Header is sip:username@server.
Changing this setting has ramifications for authentication as most SIP Providers use the username
portion of the From Header to authenticate incoming requests. An example that allows modification of display name portion of the From Header
and that leaves the username and server intact is: "Your Name" <sip:username@server>.
- Register Expiry: The number of seconds to request for the binding expiry when registering with the SIP Provider. Can be between 60 and 3600.
- Register Server: If set overrides the SIP Provider Server setting for registration requests.
- Subscribe for MWI: If set then following a successful registration a Message Waiting Indiciator (MWI) subscribe request will be
sent to the SIP Provider. Any subsequent notifications from the SIP Provider will be forwarded to SIP devices that are registered to the
Register Contact SIP address.
- Custom Headers: An optional list of SIP headers that will be added to register and call requests made with the SIP Provider.
Values must be entered as valid SIP headers.
Examples of custom SIP Headers
- P-src-ip: 127.0.0.1
- User-Agent: Joe Bloggs SIP Softphone
- Route: <sip:ippi.fr;lr>